Source: Vermont Golf Magazine | Issue: 2009 | Author: Wayne Mills
Rome wasn’t built in a day and nor was Williston Golf Club. In 1927, Frank Talcott built the original nine holes. It was created for the enjoyment of his friends and family. It was a simple layout with sand greens, coffee cans were used for the holes and a single set of hickory shafted golf clubs was shared between the few Golfers that would play each day. As the games popularity grew so did the Williston Golf Club. Frank’s son, George Talcott operated the course through the mid 1960’s. His daughter, Shirley and her husband Ben Murray, took over in the late 60’s. Click here to read more!